Monday, October 12, 2009

Marks Exercise



One of our first projects, the marks exercise was designed to make us expand upon our designs. We were encouraged to create abstract marks, which would signify our name, and display those marks with different emotions or styles. It challenged students to question their designs and make cognitive decisions about their designs.
Ex. What have I not done? How can I make this look different from my other designs?

I tried to have a varied degree of moods or emotion in each image. From energetic to calm and rigid to spontaneous, the design's styles evoked different emotions. Another focus, figure-ground relationship played a key role in the composition of the four pieces. Students were asked to have a wide variety of figure-ground relationships. I tried to this as well as figure-ground reversal.






















No comments:

Post a Comment